Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bird of the Week


This week, I have chosen the Eastern Screech Owl. This small owl can be found throughout the east coast of the U.S. and Canada. Pairs mate for life, though the male may actually mate with a second female and double the clutch size in the nest. They eat small rodents, songbirds, crayfish, insects, and reptiles. This species is not endangered but can sometimes be displaced from its nests by the ever-annoying starling.
photo courtesy auburnxc on flickr

2 comments:

  1. I like you blog page and the way you choose a differant animal every week with differasnt pics and biographys one each one. I see that you are a wiki master is there any tips that you can give me that might get me more advanced or a clearer view or ideas..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Derek, find something that you really enjoy, tie it into your blog and that will keep you caring what you do in blogging.

    ReplyDelete