Saturday, June 27, 2009

Our Legacy...

After watching all the news coverage regarding the death of Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, I started wondering again what would be my legacy to the world. As a teacher, I hope it is an ongoing impact to successive generations. As a zoologist, I hope to leave the world a little better through our understanding of the other incredible creatures we should see as neighbors. As a student of ecology, I hope it is a view that we need to tune up the biologic engine we call Earth.

What will be your legacy? I challenge you to find a way to make your legacy not only something you leave to the world, but for it as well.

2 comments:

  1. Bill--thanks for this thoughtful post. It's hard to know what my "legacy" will be, but seeing your dedication to your students and willingness to embrace change for the betterment of their education and lives is an inspiration to me! I have no doubt that your legacy in your community and school is certainly "for" the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At any rate, I liked some of the vadlo biology cartoons!

    ReplyDelete