Thursday, June 25, 2009

Why this blog?

At the beginning of my third year with the Globaloria program, I decided to start a fresh blog to go with a fresh approach. In the past two years, I have worked with HSTA students afterschool through Globaloria in healthy game design. This year, I will be incorporating the Globaloria project-based learning approach to two of my Biology class, one regular and one advanced. I am really looking forward to it this year and can't wait to see how well the students do in a project-based biology course.

3 comments:

  1. Bill--
    This is SOOOO excellent! The image you posted is gorgeous and the blogs you chose are on the money! I love Natural Visions and Wildlife Conservation especially-- they're perfect examples of "amateur" blogs that are as good (if not better) than professional blogs because they are multimedia and animated with the force of passion!

    All of these blogs you added are superior launching pads for research and multimediated engagement of biology. This is the exact kind of resource I would've loved for my teachers to provide these kinds of "recommended reads" to get them thinking about biology in the context of these vibrant real-world based communities!

    I'll add this to my reader and keep up with what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel--
    Thanks for the very kind words, they are much appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill, I've been watching you work on this blog over your shoulder. I really like the way you are incorporating a blog on your subject matter. Please check out my GEHS Band Blog at http://web.me.com/jallder/PrideAndSpirit/Blog/Blog.html

    I don't think I can post a link in a comment, but there is a link on Rachel's Globaloria WV Blog page

    Isn't it great that we can apply these skills across our teaching horizon!

    ReplyDelete